Wood Composites Symposium
Tuesday, August 21st from 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Symposium Code: CMP
Presented by: Washington State University
Speakers: A variety of speakers will be engaged to provide insight into the latest in technology and techniques employed in the wood composites processing. Speakers will include experts in the field of resin technology, wood composite panel manufacturing, and industry leaders. Speakers will be represented from industry, academia, associations, and government.
It will be a full day of education on advances in resins and panel manufacturing and the outlook of the wood composite panel industry. The program will include topics on advances in pressing and forming of wood composite panels, development of new bio-based and synthetic resins, and the wood composite industry outlook from industry leaders.
• 7:30 AM - 8:15 AM – Coffee & Carbs
• 8:15 AM - 8:30 AM - Welcome
• 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Morning Session – Market Outlook & Advances in Pressing and Forming
- This session will focus on market outlook and opportunities and advances in forming and pressing of composite panels.
• 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM – Networking Luncheon
• 1:45 PM - 4:30 PM – Afternoon Session – Adhesives
- This session will cover topics on new bio-based resins and modifications of synthetic resins for composite panels and structural members.
• Bio-based adhesives
• New advances in synthetic adhesives
• Advances in forming and pressing of wood composite panels
• Market outlook