How to Effectively
Work a Trade Show
Wednesday August 24th from 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Session Code: MKT5
Location: B308 (located in Building B - Level 3)
Presented by: Dialogue Consulting
Speaker: Deborah Flate, Consultant: Dialogue Consulting
How to Effectively Work a Trade Show – Outline:
4. MANAGE TIME
1. PROSPECTING VS. CURRENT CLIENTS
5. DECIDE ON ACTION
1. LEADS – PROSPECTING?
2. MARKET / BRAND LEADERSHIP?
3. NURTURING EXSISTING RELATIONSHIPS?
4. LAUNCH NEW PRODUCTS? TO WHOM?
1. Don’t give any visitor any reason not to approach you
2. Don’t stand in circles and talk with your colleagues
3. No eating, drinking, talking on the phone, or reading
4. Don’t stand behind a counter
• Ask questions that demonstrate to attendees that you're interested in them and their individual needs
• DO NOT launch into a presentation before you qualify.
• PEOPLE DO NOT RETAIN INFORMATION
• THEY DO NOT LIKE, WANT OR NEED TO HEAR
• YOU DO WANT TO SPEND MOST TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO CAN USE YOUR PRODUCTS
• Focus on finding out their needs
• Asking the right types of questions
• Questions to avoid asking
• Be genuinely curious
• TRY TO QUICKLY ASSESS AND MEASURE TIME APPROPRIATELY
• Polite ways out
• PULLING VS PUSHING Active listening is the best way to a sale
About Deborah Flate: About Deborah Flate (Founder) Deborah offers a blend of experience and enthusiasm, resulting in a professional, knowledgeable interior design business consultant with whom you actually look forward to working. Deborah has a way of making what you do everyday become fresh and exciting, all the while offering incomparable insight into how to grow your company.
Her knowledge extends past her years involved directly in sales, training and business development of leading residential and contract interior design companies, into a deeper understanding of how to relate to people and help them see not only the bigger picture, but also a new way of looking at that picture.
Partnering with Deborah allows you to work with a senior level consultant who truly understands the industry, and provides confidence that you are receiving wholehearted, first-rate and effective business consulting not simply focused on true, long term success. She gets results every time!
Her sales training, through D2salescoaching focuses on techniques to GET THE SALE. Today’s marketplace has unprecedented challenges. Today’s interior designers need a trusted advisor and someone to be their advocate, not just show more stuff. Deborah’s training “The Future of Selling to Interior Designers!” shows exactly how to do that and move to CLOSE a sale even before that meeting!