Symposium Code: CNC
- Will Sampson, Editor: FDMC magazine
- Ted Hall, Founder: ShopBot
- John Murphy: KCD Software
- Dave Hall, Owner: Hall's Edge
- Tim Owens: Next Wave Automation
- Greg Neer: Freud
- Paul Roza, National Sales Manager: Benz Incorporated
- Mike Cassell: Weinig/Holz-her
- Roger Shaw: RSA Solutions
FDMC magazine and Woodworking Network editor Will Sampson will moderate this full-day symposium that includes a number of presentations and an opportunity to talk to suppliers and CNC experts face-to-face with your questions. Designed for everyone interested in CNC manufacturing, the symposium will cover a wide selection of CNC-related topics for beginning to advanced users. The program is being developed and presented by FDMC and Woodworking Network.
The symposium is one of several taking place the day before IWF starts. There will be a joint coffee & carbs meet-up during the registration process and a joint luncheon for all symposia attendees.
CNC manufacturing has come of age in the woodworking industry. CNC routers and machining centers are becoming as ubiquitous as table saws once were in woodworking shops. But CNC technology continues change at a startling pace, it’s hard for even sophisticated woodworking operations to keep up.
The IWF CNC Symposium will be held August 21, 2018 in the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta, the day before IWF exhibits open on the show floor.
The full-day event will look at the state of CNC technology, ranging from small shops to major production facilities. We will discuss tooling, software, aggregates, Industry 4.0, getting started in CNC, outsourcing CNC services, using desktop CNC machines for professional production, CNC material handling logistics and more.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM - Coffee & Pastries
- 9:00 AM – 9:10 AM: Will Sampson, Editor: FDMC magazine - Welcome, introductions and housekeeping
- 9:10 AM – 10:00 AM: Ted Hall, ShopBot - CNC and the changing face of manufacturing
- 10:00 AM – 10:50 AM: John Murphy, KCD Software – Choosing software for your CNC
- 10:50 AM - 11:45 AM: Dave Hall, Hall’s Edge - Outsourcing CNC production
- 11:45 AM - 1:00 PM: Networking Lunch
- 1:00 PM – 1:50 PM: Tim Owens, Next Wave Automation - Desktop CNC is not just for hobbyists
- 1:50 PM – 2:40 PM: Greg Neer, Freud - CNC tooling from start to finish
- 2:40 PM – 3:30 PM: Paul Roza, Benz – Expanding the capabilities of your CNC with aggregates
- 3:30 PM – 4:20 PM: Mike Cassell, Weinig/Holz-Her – Setting up your CNC for efficient feeding, unloading, and parts processing
- 4:20 PM – 5:00 PM: RSA - Software solutions for manufacturing with CNC
Manufacturing personnel and business leaders in woodworking operations that are already using or are considering using CNC manufacturing. The program is designed to appeal to both small shops and larger production facilities.